Accounts Payable Specialist
Full Time Position
Job duties include: Using city financial software, Microsoft office and other computer skills to enter data, processing all invoices and payables, issue payable checks and prepare account ACH payments, reconcile payable account, maintain financial records including 1099s, maintain and update payroll record, process payroll payment checks, enter cash receipt data, interact with citizens, vendors and city staff professionally, perform other clerical duties as necessary.
Qualifications: For a full list, see the posting on www.pontiac.org
High school graduate, finance related experience, or some college preferred, knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping, team oriented, self- driven, moderate degree of computer related skills such as Excel.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Benefits of City Employment:
- Participate in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (Public Pension)
- Employer pays 100% Employee Health Insurance Premiums including Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance Plans.
- Spouse and Dependent Plans Available
- 457B Retirement Savings Plan Available
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Positive Work Environment
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off or mail to:
City of Pontiac
Attention: Fawn Baker
115 W. Howard St
Pontiac, IL. 61764