Hoerr Construction, Inc. of Peoria, Illinois has been contracted by the City of Pontiac to rehabilitate a variety of sanitary sewer systems throughout the City. They will be installing a cured in place pipe liner into the existing sewer pipeline. This form of trenchless sewer rehabilitation is much quicker, safer, and more cost effective than traditional open cut sewer replacement methods. There are many informational videos online demonstrating “cipp pipe installation” to help you understand the process. Please take the following precautions:
- Temporary inconveniences may include traffic control to provide a safe work environment for our crew, noise from equipment, and odors from the resins used in the lining process.
- To prevent odors from entering your home or business, pour a gallon of water into sinks, floor drains, or any other drainage opening, especially those that are rarely used such as basement sinks and floor drains. If you do detect a chemical odor, do not be alarmed, the level of concentration does not pose a health risk; simply ventilate the area with fresh air and/or fans until the odor dissipates. If the chemical smell persists, there is an open air connection to the sewer that does pose a health risk due to sewer gas entering your building; consult a plumbing professional to resolve this problem.
- Periodically, problems can be experienced where pressure in the sewer line forces water out of toilets and drains in homes. As a measure to keep this water contained and prevent any damage, we are asking residents to keep their toilets flushed, drape a towel over the rim and close the lid and seat onto the towel. Also cover basement floor drains.
When you see the crew in your area you are requested to keep toilet, shower, laundry, and general water use to an absolute minimum.
- If your sump pump is improperly connected to the sanitary sewer, Hoerr Construction, Inc. and the City of Pontiac are not responsible for any damages!
- If you have a sanitary manhole in your yard and you have a dog(s), please keep your dog(s) inside on the days we are working in your yard.
- The timeline of this project may change due to inclement weather. If this happens, Hoerr Construction will deliver a new flier with revised dates on it to each individual home or business. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
For questions or problems please contact:
- Jacob Kinkade – City of Pontiac – (815) 844-5574
- Dan Wiegand – Hoerr Construction – (309) 208-5161
THE CITY OF PONTIAC AND HOERR CONSTRUCTION, INC. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION ON THIS IMPORTANT PROJECT.