The City of Pontiac is working with Republic Disposal Services on a new contract for residential disposal services. The company has proposed a modification of their services to match other communities that they serve. The following summarizes the proposal changes:
- Each resident (1-4) units will be given two, 95-gallon capacity carts at no cost to the resident. One for garbage and one for recyclables.
- Smaller 65-gallon carts will be available upon request for disables and elderly residents.
- All waste must be placed in these containers.
- Residents will be allowed to place 1 bulk item at the curb for pick-up each week.
- Additional carts will be available for rent from the company for $3.25 each month.
- Recycling will be picked up bi-weekly.
- Carts are maintained by Republic at no cost.
- Due to the China import ban on recyclables causing a major downturn in the commodity markets for recyclables, there will be a floating surcharge for recycling processing based upon annual adjustments.
- Curbside pickup will be available to seniors and individuals with disabilities for a fee of $10.00 per month.
- There will be an ability to terminate recycling if it becomes too costly.
- Locked in rate structure for 10 years:
|1st Year ||$12.85||$4.78||$0.46||$18.09|