As we continue to monitor COVID-19, please visit these trusted agencies for the latest information:
For a copy of the Governor’s Executive Order, please click here. The Essential Business Checklist from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity is available here, and an essential business flowchart is available here.
- The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation has announced that recordings of two webinars hosted Thursday to help businesses and lenders with the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Applications are available to anyone who missed the sessions but may still require assistance.
- Phase 4 Guidelines Released
- COVID-19 Business Assistance Grant Programs
- SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Advance Program Reopened to All Eligible Small Businesses and Non-Profits Impacted by COVID-19 Pandemic
- Gov. Pritzker Announces $275 Million In Emergency Relief for Households Impacted by COVID-19
- Help for Illinois Families: Relief for Households Across the State
- The Route 66 Museum, Pontiac Oakland Auto Museum, Liv County War Museum and the Museum of Gilding Arts are open 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for the month of June.
Restaurants and bars can open for outdoor service with restrictions. Retailers can open their doors to customers. Fitness centers and hair salons are able to open with restrictions. Pontiac Public Library will be starting curbside pick-up in June. The Pontiac Rec Center will also be offering limited activities.
- Phase 3 Guidelines for Reopening Businesses and Returning People to Work Safely
- Phase 3 Business Tool Kit
- Governor Pritzker Announces Updates to Phase 3 of Restore Illinois Plan in Consultation with Health Experts
- Learn safe, effective ways to open Illinois restaurants
- Governor Pritzker Launches "Get Hired" Website to Connect Workers Impacted by Covid-19 WITH Employment and Career Resources
- The Illinois Retail Merchants Association, in conjunction with the Council of State Retail Associations (CSRA), is hosting a complimentary webinar on Wednesday, May 13 at 11 am CST that will refocus your retail plan to not only survive COVID-19, but help you succeed! The webinar will focus on positive messaging that can be incorporated into your current communication plans, and will cover how store operations must change, how to market yourself -- including the do’s and don’ts of Facebook live -- and how to get in the right mindset to not just survive, but to thrive as stores re-open. Note: There is no cost to participate. This event is a special benefit being provided to IRMA members in conjunction with our partners at CSRA.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity advised that, much like sidewalk sales, garage sales are not allowed.
- Restore Illinois FAQs
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission COVID-19 Compliance Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ for Businesses Concerning Use of Face-Coverings During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Relief & Loan Resources for Small Businesses Webinar - MONDAY MAY 11th, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. CT
- Frequently Asked Questions Governor’s Executive Order 2020-32 (Stay at Home Order; Revised April 30, 2020)
- State Park Partial Re-Opening List
- New Executive Order given by Governor Pritzker
- New Disaster Proclamation given by Governor Pritzker
- Be a part of the solution with clear messaging for Social Distancing
- Bank of Pontiac Funds 229 Loans Totaling Nearly $30 Million
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 7 WAYS TO SUPPORT A LOCAL BUSINESS WITHOUT SPENDING $1
- Secretary of State FAQs
- State of Illinois to Open Two Additional Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing Facilities
- Republic Services bulk pick-up resumes Monday, April 27th
- In an effort to assist the current food pantries, Reaching out to Pontiac, which a group of Pontiac citizens, along with Pontiac businesses, will sponsor a drive through grocery pick up. The event will take place on Saturday, April 25th, at Baby Bulls Restaurant outside of the fine dining area from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or until supplies run out. Each car that drives up will receive a case of water and two bags of groceries with no questions asked. The groceries will be placed in your trunk to avoid any contact. If anyone knows of any shut-ins, people who do not have cars or anyone else unable to make it on Saturday for any reason, the group would be willing to deliver groceries and water within the city limits and drop them off. There already have been some donations but if you would like to donate, add someone to the delivery list or for more information, call 815-419-5976.
- Help for those facing economic hardship
- Youtube Video - Coming Together: Pontiac, Spring 2020
- Save Small Business Fund Grant for employers between 3-20 employees
- Legislators get answers on unemployment
- Event Information: DCEO COVID-19 Emergency Relief Webinar for African American Businesses. This webinar is held on Friday, May 8th at 2:00 p.m. Click here to register.
- Pontiac Township offices will be open next week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for assistance.
- Downstate Small Business Stabilization Grant Guidebook
- Emergency Resource for Businesses - Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- St. Mary’s - Pontiac St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry will be open on April 9th from 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. This is for drive-thru service only. Please stay in your cars and the food will be placed in your trunk. Clothing and Pantry shopping with be closed until further notice. Please call 815-844-3663 if you are unable to pick up food and they will try and coordinate a delivery.
- Attached is the new Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity North Central Region Newsletter. It is full of information to assist businesses and people of Illinois.
- The City of Pontiac will be hosting two conference calls to review the Downstate Small Business Stabilization Program. The State of Illinois has initiated a program to support Small Businesses effected by COVID-19. The support comes in the form of a grant for 2 month working capital not to exceed $25,000. The City of Pontiac must apply on behalf of the businesses. The first conference call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 8th, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. and the second will be Thursday April, 9th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Please register by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible.
- At 1:30 p.m. on 4/6/2020, a webinar is occurring with experts from the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) and the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) who will provide the latest updates on state and federal employment separation programs, and answer questions from participants. Please email Lanae Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org to find and obtain a recording of the webinar.
- The Livingston County Food Pantry will be reopening Monday April 6th and will have the following hours:
- Monday: 1-3 PM
- Wednesday: 1-3 PM
- Saturday: 10-12 PM
- Linked here is the most recent edition of the Governor’s Office Daily COVID-19 FAQs.
- Linked here is the most recent edition of the Governor’s Office Daily COVID-19 FAQs.
- Yesterday, the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) announced a 90-day extension of certain Illinois Sales Tax exemption renewals. More information about that order is available via this link.
- IDPH has released Recommended Guidance for Preventing Spread of COVID-19 in Grocery Stores. That guidance is available via this link.
- The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) is frequently providing guidance and information regarding whether businesses are considered essential. If you have a question regarding if a business is essential, contact DCEO’s helpline by phone at (800) 252-2923 to leave a message or by email at CEO.email@example.com.
- Governor Pritzker has extended the Stay at Home Executive Order until April 30th, 2020.
- The Livingston County Food Pantry will be open Wednesday April 1st and then closed completely until further notice.
- Republic Service will be doubling up on all routes to limit driver exposure. Please have waste/recycle containers out before 6:00 a.m. or the night before day of service.
- Upcoming Webinar:
COVID-19: Everything Employers Need to Know and Do Right Now Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 10:00 a.m. CST 1 hour; Mark Toth, Chief Legal & Public Affairs Officer, ManpowerGroup North America Save Your Seat Here.
- Pontiac Mayor Bill Alvey signs the Local State of Emergency declaration.
- The Governor just issued a shelter-in-place order for the State of Illinois as a measure to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The order takes effect tomorrow, March 21 at 5:00 pm and remains in effect through April 7.
- First Positive COVID-19 Case in Livingston County - Livingston County Public Health Department
- The Community Recreation Center is closed to the public. All programs and rentals are cancelled at this time.
- Harvey Dinner Theater at the Eagle Performing Arts and Conference Center has been cancelled.
- All City of Pontiac museums are closed at this time.