Pontiac Community Recreation Center Kids Corner is open to meet the childcare needs of Rec Center members who are using the facility, taking a class, or participating in other activities. Our goal is to provide children with a space for play and imagination in a fun, safe, and creative environment.
Members: FREE to children covered under family pass or student pass
Non-Members: $5 rec center drop in fee per individual or $7 rec center drop in fee per immediate family
- The Kids Corner is open to all children 9 years old and under.
- All children must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian at all times outside of staffed hours.
- Pontiac Parks and Recreation is not responsible for keeping watch of your child outside of staffed hours.
- Children ages 6 months – 9 years old may be dropped off for a maximum of 2 hours in the Kids Corner during staffed hours.
- A parent or guardian must sign the child in and out with the Kids Corner Supervisor.
- Parents/guardians MUST remain in the building at all times.
- If a child is uncooperative or tries to escape the Kids Corner, the parent or guardian may be asked to remove the child from the Kids Corner.
|Mondays||4:00PM - 7:00PM|
|Thursdays||4:00PM - 7:00PM|
|Saturdays||9:00AM - 12:00PM|
Diapers and Potty Training
Kids Corner staff are not permitted to change diapers, clothes, or assist in potty training. If your child is in need of the above mentioned, you will be called upon immediately to perform these duties. A changing table is located in the family changing room.
All belongings must be clearly labeled with parent’s name, child’s name, and phone number. Drinks and bottles must be in a spill-proof container. Snacks must be nut-free. Children are welcome to bring in their own toys, however, the Rec Center cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
The Kids Corner aims to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for the children who visit. If a child is having a difficult time cooperating in the Kids Corner, a staff member may find the parent or guardian and ask them to come in the room to intervene.
If a child continues to misbehave, or threatens the safety of other children or staff, the parent/guardian will be asked to remove the child from the Kids Corner immediately. Reoccurring incidents may cause permanent exclusion from Kids Corner.
No child will be admitted into the Kids Corner if he/she shows signs of illness. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Running Nose
- Discharge from eyes
- Visible lice or nits
Children may return to Kids Corner:
- After they have been fever-free for 24 hours
- 24 hours after beginning antibiotic treatment
- For chicken pox, when all lesions are scabbed over
- For head lice, following treatment to remove lice
Medication will not be administered by Kids Corner staff and cannot be stored in Kids Corner.