- Chief's Welcome
Fire Chief's Message
Message from Fire Chief Jacob Campbell
It is an honor to serve as the Fire Chief of the Pontiac Fire Department and have the opportunity to work in the community that I grew up in. I am very proud to work for one of the very best fire departments in central Illinois and with some of the very best firefighters and fire officers the industry has to offer. I am very humbled to have the opportunity to serve as Fire Chief for such a highly trained and dedicated team of professionals.
As the leader of our organization you can expect a dedicated public servant whose purpose is to promote and support the mission of the fire department. It is my belief that it is my responsibility to ensure our organization is equipped and prepared to meet the present and future public safety needs of our community.
As Fire Chief, I will lead the Pontiac Fire Department based upon my principles of leadership.
Principles of Leadership:
• If I am going to do something, I will do it right or not at all.
• I will empower and support the fire officers and firefighters of our organization, so they can capitalize on their greatest strengths.
• I will never ask others to do what I am not willing to do myself.
• I will support what is morally and ethically right.
• I will be a humble servant. My responsibility is serving others and not myself.
• I will treat others how I would want to be treated.
• I will be honest and truthful with myself and with others.
• I will exercise mentor leadership and help others advance their careers in public service.
• I will practice self-awareness by playing on my strengths and improving upon my weaknesses.
• I will be consistent and decisive on my decision-making process. Pause – Think – Decide.
• I will be transparent on my expectations.
As servants of the community it is our goal to have an open line of communication with the people we serve. The fire department will utilize a variety of means to accomplish this goal through our department's website, public speaking engagements, and having an open door policy at our firehouse. Please feel free to contact us and let us know how we can better serve you and our community!
Fire Chief Jacob T. Campbell