Community Recreation Center
The Community Recreation Center is a 50,000 square foot building located at 900 N. Elm Street, Pontiac, IL 61764. It is connected to the existing swimming pool at Pontiac Township High School.
- Gymnasium - 3 full-sized basketball courts complete with 18 basketball hoops; courts are also striped for volleyball, badminton, and pickleball
- Elevated Perimeter Track - 3 lanes for walking, jogging, and running
- Weight Area - 6 machines: low back extension, leg extension, seated leg curl, seated row-back, chest press, and abdominal machine
- Cardiovascular Room - 5 treadmills, 5 ellipticals, 2 stationary bikes, 3 NuStep machines
- Community Room - television, card tables, games and puzzles, fresh daily coffee, and easy-access catering kitchen that can also be used as a concession stand for high school activities
- Aerobics Room - mirrored walls and maple wood flooring ideal for classes in exercise, aerobics, dance, and tumbling
- Classrooms - 2 classrooms separated by a folding partition
- Natatorium Pool - access to the existing swimming pool and kiddie pool when not in use by the high school for instruction or swim team
- Splash Pad - free to the public; located on the West side of the rec center
- Les Mills Fitness Theater + Cycle Studio - more information here
- Kids Corner - children’s play area complete with tunnel, books, games, chalkboards, toys, etc. - more information here
The rec center also houses an elevator for access to the second floor track and cycle studio. We also have a family changing area and men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers at the pool.
|Monday-Friday||5:00am - 6:00pm (COVID Hours)|
|Saturday||6:00am - 4:00pm (COVID Hours)|
|Sunday||10:00am - 4:00pm (COVID Hours)|
- Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day: 6:00am-6:00pm
- New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve: closed early
- Children 5th grade and under must be accompanied by someone 15 or older while in the rec center.
- Children 14 and under are not allowed in the cardio or weight room.
- Children 7 and under must be directly accompanied by someone 15 or older while in the pool area.