Police Officer Testing
TEST DATE: SATURDAY FEBRUARY 29 AT 8:00 AM
Pontiac Recreation Center
900 N. Elm St.
Pontiac, IL. 61764
Includes Orientation, Physical Agility Test and Written Exam
*Applications must be submitted by 3:00 PM Thursday February 27th, 2020 to:
Pontiac Police Department
413 N. Mill St.
Pontiac, IL. 61764
The Pontiac Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER.
Applications will be available January 8th, 2020. You may download the application here or pick one up at the Pontiac Police Department.
The Pontiac Police Department provides professional law enforcement to the city's 12,000 residents. Some benefits include:
Rewarding, challenging work in a vibrant Route 66 Community
Starting pay April 1, 2020 $50,250 plus education additions
Employee Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance provided at no cost
Employee Life, Vision and Dental Insurance provided at no cost
Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation time
Employee VEBA and Deferred Comp plans
- Must be between 21 and 35 (Waivers exist for military and prior police)
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien legally entitled to work in the U.S.
- Possess an Associate's Degree OR a minimum 60 credit hours toward a Bachelor's Degree OR 2 years active duty in the U.S. military OR 180 days active military service in a Department of Defense recognized combat operation.
- No felony convictions or certain misdemeanor convictions
- Good moral character
- Physically able to perform police work
- Illinois POWER Test Standards
The city has an authorized force of 19 sworn police officers. This includes the administration, investigations, patrol, K-9 Unit, and School Police Officer. The Pontiac Police Department also oversees a multi-jurisdictional tactical team. Police officers work 8 hour shifts, and are represented as a union by the Policemen's Benevolent and Protective Association Labor Committee. Officers are provided firearms, and uniforms and related gear.
The City of Pontiac serves as the county seat of Livingston County and is home to the Livingston County Sheriff and Jail, District 6 Illinois State Police, the Livingston County Court System and the State of Illinois Pontiac Correctional Center.
* By 3:00 pm February 27, Applicants must return
- Preliminary Application
- Copy of Transcripts or DD 214
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate