The City of Pontiac is contracted with Republic Disposal for curbside garbage and recycling collection. Their contact phone number is 815-723-3200. Pontiac is divided into five collection routes with each route corresponding to a day of the week (Monday to Friday).View the City Garbage Route Map (Interactive).
Holiday Garbage Schedule
Garbage pickup will be delayed one day if the following holidays fall on a weekday: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- All garbage and recycling must be placed in a container at the curb line, not in the street, no earlier than 4:00 pm on the day prior to scheduled pickup and the containers (and any material not collected) must be removed from the curb line no later than 7:00 pm on the day of pickup.
- All material must be placed in containers or bagged and boxed neatly not to exceed 32 gallon in size or 50 pounds in weight. The exception to this rule is the use of an Allied Waste tote.
- Building debris from “Do It Yourself” projects (up to 1.5 cubic yards) will be collected curbside provided it is in a container. Items are not to be placed loosely or scattered across lawns or berms.
- Republic Services will pickup 1 bulk item per week on the regularly scheduled pickup day. Please do not deposit more than 1 bulk item per week at the street pickup area. Please call to make special arrangements for multiple bulk item pickup. For information contact Republic Services at 815-723-3200.
- 2023 Trash Collection Schedule