To be a Registered Contractor

To become a registered contractor, licensed to operate within the city limits, you must fill out the Application for Building Contractor's Registration (PDF) form and submit it to the Building and Zoning Department. You must additionally provide proof of $500,000 liability insurance, a $5,000 permit bond, and a certificate of proof of workmen's compensation insurance or an affidavit of exemption (PDF).

For further information, contact the Building and Zoning office at (815) 844-1038 or stop by City Hall, 115 West Howard Street, Pontiac, IL 61764